Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Saigon to Retire After Short-lived Career



Is rapper Saigon retiring - before his first CD is even released?

It appears so, as he's asked his fans support him by donating to his non-profit efforts instead of buying his long-delayed CD. "The game is wack. It’s not owned by us. It’s not controlled by us," he told HipHopGame.com. "I think I should be putting more time into my nonprofit organization In Arms Reach and Abandoned Nation. We help the kids of New York City whose parents are incarcerated. Everybody who wanted to support me in this rap s--t can support me by going to www.InArmsReach.org. You don't have to only send money. You can send books or anything the kids can use. Anything that can help a kid in need, send that. Support me like that."

The news of his retirement sent shockwaves through the blogosphere as he's yet to release his anticipated major-label debut "The Greatest Story Never Told."

"I guess you could say it was prophecy," he said about his album.

Source: BET.com

No comments:

Logo 468x60banner
Apple iTunes